July 19, 2006

My message to the press (I'm at AUB)

CNN called me this morning. I just did an interview with Channel 2 in Houston.

Here's the message and spread it widely:

The U.S., Canada, and Europe are giving Israel the green light to completely demolish this country. Israel is holding back now because there are still foreigners here.

Why is my life more important than the people here?
Where are the boats t o get my friends out?

The West is saying that these lives are expendable.

IF they stopped this crazy evacuation (Is there any kind of precendent like this in history?) Israel can't comletely annihilate what is left.

I will leave becau I don't want to die. But they should stop the boats. All the West will bare the blame for this forever.

LIke when the U.S. turned back boats of Jewish people escaping World War II Europe.

The old timers have never seen anything like this. All the conventional rules of war have been broken. They are not going after Hizbollah, that was clear from the very beginning.

They are also turning the people against each other. There will be sectarian violence because the Christians and the Druze blame the Shia for this destruction.

My friends are asking me to get them a visa. They're saying they will have to leave for the Gulf or somewhere. EVen if there were a ceasefire tomoorrow, there will be no economy , there will be no jobs. What are my friends going to do??

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, great. Check your email. I've contacted 3 major media this a.m.-- and I need a few details from you... KB also-- do you know the country code for these camps/mahmoud??

Anonymous said...

Do any of Jane's friends here want to talk to the media? Channel 2 wants to talk to someone to do a story. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Jane, sorry I was rushing on last comment-- did not mean great in the way it probably read-- the whole post probably seemed quite ignorant-- but as a logistical matter I am just trying to get through to you-- can't seem to at the moment-- and the great was to say--- "great, you're still posting material" -- and let me know if you need anything else or any contacts-- would any of your friends want to go to the UAE? I MAY have a friend visiting there now. kb

Anonymous said...

sergio is gonna talk to them

Anonymous said...

diana, do you have a phone number?-- kb

Anonymous said...

sergio is gonna talk to them. if anyone else wants to, let me know.

Anonymous said...

for you or for Channel 2

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you already have what you need-- ok -- kb

Anonymous said...

i would rather not post it because of the threatening comments. can you send your email?

Anonymous said...

i am sure they would talk to other people also