July 28, 2006

Downtown Beirut


Downtown
Originally uploaded by Jane Rubio.



See how beautiful it is.

I took this the day before I left, the day I ran around Beirut with my friends. That's when I realized that not all people were bunkering down in their houses.

I took a ton of pictures that day. I don't know what it will look like when I go back.

There were rumors. The Israelis are going to bomb Downtown. They got part of the Roman temples at Baalaak. I don't know.

And the Daily Star is reporting from Medicins Sans Frontiers (Doctors Without Borders) that these medical safety corridors in Southern Lebanon simply do not exist. Their trucks have been attacked by bombs. They can't get to the people who need the help.

I don't know how anyone can say bombing medical trucks, bombing a milk factory, potentially destroying ancient ruins or the beautifully rebuilt downtown can count as anyone defending itself?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think anyone would dread spending too long in the computer room you sent the photo of -- as opposed to trying to live a normal life-- and remember, you did two evacs-- Aley, first. Then all of Lebanon. So you went through a lot. Do what you need to to take care of yourself and be strong. KB

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»