July 24, 2006

E-mail from friend in Beirut--They're so desperate

She's writing to David, who is part of that gruop of Americans who came to Lebanon last year, so it got forwarded to me. Cari is a tour guide. She's a Lebanese of Christian background.

The last time I hung out with her at a bar in Monot, she was leading a tour for Brazilians. We kind of got into a conversation about Palestinians, and I kind of pissed her off. I hadn't seen her in a really long time.

She also went to Amman. She left two days before I did. You know at this time. You don't call everyone in your phone. You're scared you'r e going to run out of units, and then you won't be able to receive calls. And if you can't find a place to buy a phone card, you're screwed. Now, that I'm rested and stuff I have to make ALL the phone calls. But I'm still getting myself together.

Her e-mail is really bad. It makes me want to cry. I hadn't been checking my e-mails. I didn't know she was in Amman. I wouldn't have time to see her anyways.

My friends are desparate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi David,
I did read your mails before, but of course I couldn'tbe able to answer because of what's hapenning. David , I'm living a nightmare, my country too, ourbrains are not realizing what's going on. David , thesituation is very bad in Lebanon that I had to escape yesterday night to Amman, Jordan. I was about to havea break down, I couldn't handle the sound of the bombs falling next to my bilding. For a week , I couldn'teat and sleep, because I didn't want to beleive thatwar came back again, killing my people, destroying mycountry that I beleived so much in. My anger is bigDavid. I'm sorry to tell you this: I now beleive thatthe devil exsits, I do beleive, and please sorryagaing to tell you these word, and please understand, specialy that I'm angry: the devil that I beleive nowthat exists , that devil is Israel.

Your last sentence of wishing that I can come one dayto Israel made me very upset, but again you understandthese words from a woman who beleive in her countrythat vanished, that is been killed, destroyed, underthe fire.....I wish you are having all the true news:do you know that Israel is using chimical bombs tokill the civilians????? bombs that are forbidden bythe U.N. Did u know that an Israelian helicopterfollowed a truck full of women and children and hitthem with the chimical bombs????, their bodies wereblown and their skin melt....How can we describe themDavid???. Did u know that they hit a lebanese armybase, non fighters departement???, their only duty isto help civilians in the war, 14 innocent lebansee soldiers were killed, when the red cross were there toevacuate the bodies, Israel hit again to kill thepeople of the red cross.....How can we both describeIsrael how???????

My sister had a break down and escaped with bob andthe twins to the north of lebanon. My mom and brotherescaped to the mountain, but my mother so tired inmoving from place to place, specially during our last lebanese war decided to come back to the house, shecan not move any longer. The hizbollah area is fewblocks from our bldg, so at night, the sounds of the Israeli planes and the bombs just make you a crazyperson.

David, I'm here now in Amman safe but watching by country dying, it's like I'm dying too. I have no more tears left, I feel like I wanna make a big revolutionto show the world what a mankind can do, what blackideas can we have, how cruel can we be, how much hatewe have, it's like love had never been born, it's likeJesus had never came to earth....it's like God had never existed....Today I'm sad, today I'm crying, today I'm apart....Where are our prayers for peace left????? where areour prayers for God left??????My family is apart, I lost my country

You will never understand me David, go to Lebanon now and see, then you will change and you will make the change.....

No comments: