July 20, 2006

The Americans in the mountains who are waiting

I just talked to Cindy (this name changing is goign to start confusing me). She's lived in the Aley region for 20 years, married to a Lebanese. She's American. She's heard nothing from the embassy. She told me the principal of my school, an American, FINALLY got through to the Embassy yesterday. And they didn't tell him anything. There's another American family in the school.

I didn't tell her I think she needs some connections to get out. So right now, all I can do is get one of you (I'm thinking Lydia) to keep callign Laurie and get quotes, send it to Diana, so she can post it on the blog. Encourage them that the blog is getting publicity. That she will not be left behind. She doesn't think she knows any important people... but she knows you. E-mail cfolch@gmail.com for her real identity and info.

No comments: