July 28, 2006

So now what are you going to do?

Let me quote what a girl said during my senior year in college, or maybe it was on a T-shirt, . . .I don't remember.

"Don't ask me what I'm doing next year, unless you're offering me a job."

I, acutally, don't want a job, but am MORE than willing to do all kinds of work that allow me to be Jane and somehow make a living.

Yes, I'm open to suggestions.

I'm in New York right now to see what I can figure out. I signed up for some classes at The Learning Annex, like "20 Ways to Make Money Without Going to Work!", "Successful Fundraisng and Grant Writing" and yes, even, "How to Write a Book Proposal That Publishers Can't Refuse." Special thanks to all of you who have written me personally about this.

Unfortunately, I missed "How to Become a Winning Game Show Contestant." It is still one of my life dreams to win big on Jeapordy.

And I figured I didn't need "How to Be Bitch: Women, Learn to Assert Yourself and Get What You Desire!" Got good old Jane, Senior for that.

Why do half the class titles end with an exclamation point? Didn't they learn that other golden rule of writing? Never, ever use an exclamation point unless you're quoting a cheerleader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»