July 20, 2006

Calling all Volunteers

I need people who can be on the phone almost 24/7 calling my people in Lebanon. You will e-mail direct blog posts to my sister. She will control what gets published directly on the blog. When she gets tired, she will hand off to someone else, who I deem extrememly trustworthy.

I also need someone who is down with the media and technology. I can give some phone interviews and most importantly these are people who I've mentioned in the blog who might want to give phone interviews. This is very sensittive. I don't want anyone's real name or phone # leaked to the media. The person I deem trustworthy will be in charge of that certain Lebanese individual. And will work wit hthe media.

But I need someone who can tape record phone conversations. I will give a phone interview if I get famous. And people want to see how I'm doing. But it has to be through my mom. If the media call me directly, they will be endangering my life. Becaue my battery can run out or my line be busy, and my cell phone is my life line right now.

I will only give a phone interview if it's tape recorded. So that when they try to cut and paste what I say, we have real evidence of what I said.

I gave a phone interview yesterday to the Houston Chronicel and Channel 2 NBC in Houston and I think it was a waste of time, because they didn't want to listen to me. Tehy were just looking for certain quotes.

I didnt' see the story.

But I think doing phone interviews is good because the more publicity the better. If I can put a human face on this and people start to care about what happens to me and my friends who are stuck then maybe public opinion can change.

Any professionals with tape recording equipment or who can directly contact my mom janerubio@gmail.com with tips, advice, on how to handle the media. I won't give any phone interviews unless their tape recorded.


E-mail me directly if you want to volunteer calling a Lebanese individual. You will be in charge of that person callign them long distance and writing up exactly what they say and sending it to Diana to post it on the blog. Basically if I know you and deem you trustworthy not to leak private information to anybody, I will immediately assign you an individual.

No comments: