July 19, 2006

So. . .I almost forgot to eat

I mean, really. I almost forgot to eat. Now, I know the world has turned upside-down.

At one point I found khbiz and labneh and made a sandwhich. I had to go to the bathroom for 2 hours but between doing phone interviews and waiting by the phone and making phone calls and ofcourse blogging and checkign the e-mails. That's it.

It's 11:05 p.m. I've been up since 4:30 a.m. I slept about 4 hours. It's going a week now with no sleep. That's bad because tomorrow I'll be carrying my big green backpack and it's heavy. And I'm so tired and I'll be standing around and haulign that around. Of course, in normal circumstances, that's not a problem. But, my body at some point is going to just break, I think.

When I get to Houston, I'll probably sleep for a week.

But I should go to bed. I keep saying that. But then this all seems so life and death. Every phone call, every piece of information. Like the whole world is riding on this. And when you start blogging, it's like you're constantly composing in your head.

Pray for my physical stamina. I have to go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I've emailed you Marcus (and Eirene)'s contact information. They're in Greece and though I don't imagine you'll be there, in case you are and you need them, give them a call.

much love,
Christine

p.s. I don't have a TV and I'm not in Houston, so if someone can post the CNN interview, I'd be super happy.

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Did you eat? I hope so. I can only imagine after a long journey, being tired and wnating to blogg or email but you do need your energy. Eat and drink.

We all will be glad when you make it to the states safely. SLEEP IS SO ESSENTIAL. Hang in there Jane.

Lyssa