August 4, 2006

Starting a non-profit--Partnering Organizations in Lebanon with Organizations in U.S.

I've had the idea for a while about setting up partnerships between corporations, schools, religious organizations in the U.S. with corresponding organizations in developing countries.

Now, I'm working on starting up the non-profit--focusing on Lebanon (and hopefully with Israel, too.)

I just got off the phone with Maya. She's out of Beirut and went to her mountain village, becasue she heard they were going to attack Beirut. And they did, this morning, north of Jounieh.

She already works with small, local NGO's who are doing stuff in their communities. I said these are the people that I can help. Have them write up what they're doing, send me some pictures, make sure it's all legit, and then from this end, I can find some organization who will be their partner.

If any of you have any ideas or any experience with non-profits (yeah, I'm not excited about all the beurocaratic BS that will be involved), please e-mail me, janerubio@yahoo.com.

No comments: