August 15, 2006

Hopeful

I talked to a bunch of people in Lebanon today. And they're hopeful. Not all of them. But they sounded good.

In Beirut, I could hear the cars going by, honking, the people celebrating in the streets.

Let's pray that this Ceasefire holds. Now that I'm back in Texas I only saw CNN and Fox on the TV. Of course, they didn't really mention any of the details of the ceasefire. I haven't scoured the Internet yet. If it's calling for Hizballah to lay down its arms, I don't see how that can be a permanent solution.

But inshallah, the bombs will stop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wally, trying to talk sense into a terrorist sympathizer is pointless.

First, I was going to ask "how can a terrorist organization laying down its arms" not be a solution? However, I thought to myself, wait a second... this lady is a biased imbecile with the logic of a scientologist. That explained it all, and I decided not to ask.

Anyway, i'm sure her response to this, if she gives one, will be along the lines of "hezbollah is a freedom fighter blah blah blah". "Freedom fighters" don't launch rockets into civilian areas, hide behind civilians thusly causing "your side" to be killed, hire reporters to launch smear campaigns based behind the supposed death of children (which was their fault), et cetera.

Anonymous said...

hey Jane, I've been reading your updates as I can. This is an interesting mix of the personal and educational for those of us who have not been there. I just want everyone to be okay-- and I will always prefer that people look for nonviolent solutions to their disputes whenever possible.

It is heartening to see you and Wally really working on the whole communication thing. I really think if people could take a step back and try to approach things like you two are, things could get better.

Hope the journaling and blogging continue to shed new ideas and hope.