May 12, 2008

My New Blog--Sudanese in Lebanon

Some of you have been asking me what I've been up to since I've moved back to Lebanon. I'm not teaching full time any more. Besides giving private lessons, substitute teaching at the school, editing and writing for the publications department at Lebanese American University, I'm actually trying to do my own writing, like writing a real article or even a book. And I'm working with African and Asian migrant workers and refugees. I'm currently working on two projects:

1) Putting together a Directory of Resources and organizing a conference for all the local people and NGOs.

2) Developing a curriculum and training program to teach English and colloquial Arabic to this population.

I've been working with the Philemon Project at the National Evangelical Church of Beirut and wrote up some people's life stories. I've also been visiting some people in prison.

Check out the site:http://sudaneseinlebanon.blogspot.com

No comments: