February 8, 2005

Bliss Street by Kris Kenway

It's a novel that came out a little more than a year ago about life in Lebanon. When I first started reading it, it was making me mad. Like the British guy was making Lebanon to be so brutish and freakish and crazy. But then after a while, I was like--Geez, I know about everything that he's talking about. And it really is kind of like this.

Read it. I'd be interested to hear what y'all think.

After posting this, Becky got back to me and said that she couldn't find it on Amazon. But I went to his website, www.kriskenway.com, and found a link to the UK Amazon site, where you can get new and used copies for between 2 and 7 pounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazon doesn't even sell it- out of print! And BPL doesn't carry it... I'll have to borrow it from you sometime. -becky